SKAR rents out studios and workspaces in the Rotterdam region. SKAR handles your personal data carefully, securely and confidentially. This privacy statement explains how we do this. We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement carefully. For questions you can always contact us.
We use the following principles with regard to privacy
- We will process your personal data if we have a legal basis for doing so on the basis of the General Data Protection Ordinance (GTC). The relevant legal bases are: consent and agreement.
- We handle your personal information with care and take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information.
- We comply with the Personal Data Protection Act, the AVG and other laws concerning the processing of personal data.
This privacy statement indicates how we handle your data. We are responsible for the processing of your personal data by SKAR.
WHAT DATA DOES SKAR COLLECT AND WHAT DO WE USE THIS DATA FOR?
SKAR needs your personal data for the following purposes:
RENTING OUT STUDIOS AND WORKSPACES:
- Execution of the rental agreement
- Calculating and recording income and expenditure
- Making payments
- Collecting claims (including placing those claims in the hands of third parties)
- The maintenance, renovation and repair of movable and immovable property to be rented and let
- Handling complaints
- Handling files with a legal dispute
- Conducting an audit
- Internal management activities
- The implementation or application of another law
MAINTAINING CONTACT IN THE CONTEXT OF:
- Subscribe to and send the newsletter
- Social media
- Identify, authenticate and authorize website users
- Responding to the supply of workspaces and studios
- Reporting complaints, nuisance and/or fraud
- In addition, we can carry out certain processing operations, such as carrying out measurements, analyses and research, solely in order to improve the quality of our services.
OFFERING STUDIOS AND WORKSPACES:
If you would like to qualify for a studio or workspace, we need the following personal information from you:
- Surname, first names, initials, title, sex, date of birth, address, postcode, place of residence, telephone number and similar information required for communication (e.g. e-mail address), as well as the bank account number of the interested party
- In addition, we need data relating to the practice of your profession (education, stipends, scholarships, exhibitions, CBK enrolment). When you become a tenant of us, we need the following personal information from you:
- The details of the tenant and, if relevant, co-tenants mentioned in the previous point
- An administration number, if it does not contain any information other than that referred to in the first point
- Data relating to registration with the Chamber of Commerce
- a VAT number
- Information necessary for the performance of the lease agreement
- Data for the maintenance and repair of leased immovable and movable property
- Data for calculating and recording revenue and expenditure
- Data for making payments
- Data for the collection of claims
- Data for substantiating legal claims
- Data other than those listed above if they are to be processed on the basis of another law
When you are a tenant or buyer of us, it may be necessary that we also process additional personal data and/or data of a sensitive nature of you:
- Information on nuisance and/or aggression, including documentary evidence (photographs, film, sound recording, correspondence with bodies other than SKAR)
- Information about rental fraud and/or unlawful use of the rented property
- Data on criminal and/or nuisance behaviour
SKAR will only process these data if this is necessary for the execution and/or enforcement of the rental agreement. In addition, SKAR may process these data if this is justified and necessary in order to safeguard the interests of our organisation and/or to guarantee the safety of employees, tenants and/or hired third parties. The processing of these data will take place within the legal framework and will not involve more personal data than is strictly necessary.
SKAR collects and uses your personal data on the website in the first place to be able to provide our (web) services to you and to communicate with you.
SKAR processes the following data about you on its website
- Login and identification data for MIJNSKAR
- Data to answer and/or process a web form
On our website we keep track of visiting data. The IP address of your computer can be registered and used for statistical analyses of visiting and clicking behaviour on the website. With this we also want to improve the functioning of the website where possible.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
SKAR has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss of personal data or unlawful processing.
SKAR will only provide your details to third parties engaged by us for the purpose of carrying out our activities or to third parties who are necessarily involved in the above activities. Think of suppliers, such as ICT suppliers, plumbers, repairers and/or contractors. For example, SKAR provides contact details so that these parties can make contact with tenants. In some cases more personal information is provided to third parties, for example to a bailiff or lawyer. The exchange of data shall take place within the legal frameworks and shall not involve more personal data than is strictly necessary.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please contact us. Besides, you always have the right to:
- To view a copy of your data known to us
- Have us correct, update or delete your information
It is important that you can identify yourself and demonstrate that the data you want to control and/or influence is actually yours.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this privacy statement. In order to keep up to date with the way we handle your data, we advise you to review this statement from time to time.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this privacy statement, please contact us.